Do you currently have your home television linked up to the Internet? If not, you’re missing out! Check out some of the awesome benefits:
- Tons of On Demand – Get instant access to thousands of On Demand movies and shows at no extra charge! You can watch the latest Hollywood blockbusters or some of your old favorite movies. Some films hit DIRECTV CINEMA almost a full month before Netflix. Plus, catch past and current episodes of some of the hottest TV shows, including entire seasons! You can watch hit premium networks series like those from HBO®, STARZ®, and SHOWTIME®.
- Watch TV on Any Screen – Turn your tablet, phone, or computer into an instant TV with live streaming. Your Internet-connected DVR brings both live TV and your recorded shows on all of your devices. You can also keep watching TV on your big screen and then use your tablet or phone as a remote control.
- Enjoy Pandora Music – With an Internet connected DIRECTV receiver, you can listen to Pandora music using your TV! Enjoy and control Pandora radio stations directly from your television, and turn your living room into a dance floor.
- Get App Happy – Connecting your television receiver to the Internet gives you access to awesome DIRECTV TV apps that will take your entertainment experience to the next level. Get in the game with sports apps or stay social with Facebook and Twitter.
Clearly, you have tons of opportunities for extra entertainment when you connect your DIRECTV receiver to the Internet. Read on to learn how.
Connecting Your Genie HD DVR to the Internet
- Make sure you have a wireless router connected to your home Internet service. (If you do not have this equipment, you will need to call 1-800-531-5000 for a professional installation.)
- Turn on your Genie-connected TV. Then, use the MENU button on your remote to go to Settings.
- Select Network Setup on the left side of your screen and choose Connect Now. Once your TV screen shows that Genie has made the connection, select Continue.
- Select Manual Setup, and, once prompted, select Continue again.
- Use your remote keypad to enter your home Internet wireless network password, and then select Continue one final time.
You’re connected! Enjoy thousands of On Demand movies, awesome Pandora music, great DIRECTV apps and more.
Connecting to the Internet with Other Receivers
Depending on which DIRECTV receiver you are using for your home television, the process of connecting to the internet may be slightly different. For detailed directions on connecting to the Internet, go to the DIRECTV website and access the Help Center. There you will find step by step instructions as well as how-to videos that have all the information you need!