In life, change is one of the few things that you can count on to remain unchanged. For that reason, DIRECTV makes it easy for subscribers to suspend their service on a temporary basis.
You may be planning a long vacation. You may be moving into a new home and find it necessary to put your DIRECTV service on hold until you’ve settled in. Maybe you’ve recently retired and become a “double nester” splitting time between two homes. No matter the circumstances, temporarily suspending your service involves a simple three-step process:
- Call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000.
- Say “suspend services” at the voice prompt to enter the automated system.
- Follow the instructions to complete your request.
What does it mean to suspend your DIRECTV service?
A temporary suspension is not the same thing as cancellation or disconnection. Your account will continue to exist, so you won’t need to repeat the process of creating an account as you did when you first became a DIRECTV customer.
Your service will simply be put on hold for the period of time you request and then resume once the period has ended.
Things you need to know before suspending your service
- The minimum time period for putting your account on hold is 30 days.
- Your account must have a zero balance (paid in full) before you can request a suspension.
- Suspending your service will extend your existing service agreement by the amount of time the account is on hold. (Example: A customer with a service agreement that expires in April suspends the account for one month. The updated service agreement will end in May.)
- Time on recurring or promotional credits will continue to run during the suspension. When the account is reinstated, any remaining credits will be applied.
- Customers with one account can request a suspension no more than two times within a 12-month period. If you have two or more accounts, you can request a suspension up to four times within a 12-month period.
- Customers cannot exceed 6 months of suspended service time within a 12-month period.
- If you’re relocating and wish to move your DIRECTV service to your new home immediately, you can take advantage of the DIRECTV MOVERS DEAL™. Call 1-866-889-7872.
Do you still have questions?
To learn more about temporarily suspending your service, you can call 1-800-531-5000 between 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. seven days a week. You can also try the DIRECTV Help Center at DIRECTV.com.