What Could You Do with $1,000 for Classroom Technology?
The way we learn and experience things is ever changing. As technology rapidly introduces and expedites new ways of learning, classrooms often find it difficult to keep up. We at Directpackages.com understand the importance of technology as a tool for learning and entertainment, and therefore wish to present three teachers each with a $1,000 grant to spend on classroom technology.
How would you implement technology to enhance your teaching methods and address learning challenges? Would you invest in a new computer or mobile devices for your students to use in the classroom? Or perhaps make use of software that streamlines your curriculum and lightens the load of grading papers?
Let us know in 400-500 words the impact new classroom technology could have for you and your students. The top three submissions featuring the most innovative and beneficial uses for classroom technology will each be awarded $1,000 to spend on new technology for their classroom!
So here's your prompt: Write about what new technology would mean to your classroom and how you would use the grant to address a learning challenge. Ideas for how technology will facilitate a more constructive learning environment will vary, but all submissions should include:
- An observed learning challenge that is amplified by inadequate technology.
- The specific technology or technologies you plan to implement.
- How this technology will support your teaching efforts.
- The anticipated impact improved technology will have on your students.
Example: Mr. Byrnes has a large class and finds it difficult to retain all students' attention during his lessons, especially when he turns to write something on the board. With an interactive whiteboard, Mr. Byrnes could generate interactive lessons and pull them up instantly, creating an engaging learning experience while minimizing opportunities for students to turn their attention elsewhere. Students can also use the board for presentations, which fosters computer skills while effectively teaching the course material.
How to Enter
- Write your essay: Consider the prompt and create a 400-500 word essay written for an uninformed audience.
- Submit your essay: Complete the online form and submit your essay online no later than February 24, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Deadline"). Entries submitted after the Deadline will not be considered.
- Await the results: A team of Directpackages.com writers and editors will judge the submissions and select 3 winners to receive $1,000 each in the form of a Visa Rewards Card to be spent on classroom technology. Winners will be announced by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 10, 2017.
Use the Form Below to Submit Your Completed Lesson Plan
For official rules and guidelines, click here
Upon winning and implementing the classroom technology, teachers are asked to submit a brief statement on how the technology has benefited his/her classroom. Winning teachers, their proposals and their experience with the new classroom technology will be featured on Directpackages.com. Good Luck!